- One old repro outer door weather strip for a Herald, the type that were pre-cut. There's also one of the new ones that isn't pre-cut around the quarter light. These come complete with the clips AND the tool to install them!
- A pair of NOS in Lucas boxes front sidelight/indicator glass lenses complete with new rubber gaskets
- A handbrake cable fitting kit and cable, all new
- Vitesse glove box lid, lock and fittings
- A Vitesse water pump housing (and pump) tastefully painted white! All looks OK considering I took them apart, painted them and boxed them up 20 years ago (the newspaper date is 1998!) In the same box were
- A Vitesse ashtray
- Master cylinder mounts cleaned and painted black
- Clutch and brake pedal assemblies complete, all cleaned and painted black
- Then there's the bigger stuff like
- Vitesse front vertical links and trunnions (sold)
- A servo - I think it came off a Vitesse
- A couple of re-skinned Herald/Vitesse doors
- Vitesse boot lid
- If I can dig them out there's a couple of hood frames for Heralds in the roof
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Yes it moves, with both forward and backward motion, maybe even a little braking in between. This is the better of the two Atli vans Dave has, the camper is, shall we say, more challenged than this one. I think this may well be the RBRR steed - we must be mentalists.
Here's a pic I like too, one man at peace in his van
Sunday, August 17, 2008
You see whilst sat in hotel rooms with nothing but eBay for company has seen me hoovering up some Mk1 stuff. The car really wants very little but there are a few things that bug me and, as is the case when you have time on your hands, those little things have become big in my mind. Enter eBay - to replace a slightly cracked indicator lense I've managed to find a whole sidelight and indicator unit, NOS. In doing so I also found a NOS rear that was too cheap to pass. Although my choke cable buying has reached OCD levels I've never quite managed to get exactly the right knob - well I have now :-) a NOS cable with correct detachable knob is mine - but they are a bitch to fit onto the metering unit - I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pull the metering unit this time, far easier!
I need to refit the PI steering wheel and boss and then attend to all the other jobs that remain on the list. That's a list that hasn't changed much since I made it when I got back from the Isle of Wight in May!!
There is a box in the garage of all the parts to go on the car and it's growing and growing - time to get my finger out.
Also, some RBRR admin needs doing, I've been organised this year and booked my cheapo train ticket to Coventry so I can get up to Dave's and start the run in the traditional manner, later night beer and curry on Thursday ready to rebuild and MOT whatever vehicle we're using. I think the Atlas camper isn't going to see the RBRR this year, the Atlas van on the other hand is pretty close to an MOT! It runs under it's own power, just. When I can figure out how to do it I will post up a video of Dave doing what he does best, poncing about wasting time with me encouraging him :-)
As for RBRR rides, it's not decided yet - might be the Courier, might be something else - at the moment my entry list says Atlas, Tim's says Courier and Dave says "Something else".......