Part 4 - rest your head


The headrests were, in the words of my dauhgter, "minging" - OK they were flat and formless. They didn't shed crumbs of foam but they really were crap!

Take out the two self tappers and remove the metal base plate. Pull out the staples and this is what you get , a pile of crumbs and a metal ping pong bat. The intact foam is like a sock that sits over the crumbs - this looked fine so I reused it.

I had some foam left over from rebuilding our old Herald seats so I thought I'd use that. The foams a bit of pig to shape but a serrated bread knife does the job ;-) Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)