The Triumph 2000 Story – The Big Triumphs in ‘Works’ Competition: 1964-1976 | The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register

I received an email the other day asking if I could supply a few pictures for an article to appear on the Triumph 2000 register web site. I'm always happy to help and share what I've collected over the years. I don't actually covert the physical items like photos, I value the image, what it tells us about the history, so I don't actually that many physical photos. I do have lots of images that I collect from either scanning those photos or from other web sites. I also get sent a lot of images and spend far too long surfing and searching (although that's reduced lately due to work and travel commitments)

Anyway, here's the article which is a good read.

The Triumph 2000 Story – The Big Triumphs in ‘Works’ Competition: 1964-1976 | The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register

I can make a little known addition to the details of the Lloyd-Hirst, Englefield, Baker privately entered 2.5PI - although out of time the car and crew carried on until Brian Englefield was laid low with respiratory issues (dust inhalation) but that still didn't stop the car completely and it actually reached the end in Mexico City. Sadly not a classified finisher but nevertheless an achievement. The car changed registration number, to a Jersey number and continued rallying in Brian's hands. Brian also bought a spare works shell, spares and two of the works cars which he campaigned.

Anyway, I digress and I have to get on with a bit of Round Britain work, off to the "post mortem" meeting with Tim and Nigel to see what we can do better next time, in 2012!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)