Farewell to Harry Webster

I attended Harry Webster's funeral today, to say farewell to the man who was instrumental in making the Herald and especially the Vitesse the good looking practical cars they are.
Harry was the guy who introduced Giovanni Michelotti to Standard Triumph and it was this Italian stylist who clothed the Herald and had a hand in so many of Triumph's offerings.
I "met" Harry once - many years ago I was introduced to him, shook his hand and thought "Who was that?" - I could only have been 19 at the time! 20+ years later I wish I'd sat down with him and had a good chat about his part in my favourite Triumph, the original Kenilworth Dragster - the Vitesse. He had a hand in so many thoug, including the TR range and the 2000/Stag range - prolific is a word that wprings to mind.
It was good to see so many Club representatives out today and a few Triumphs in the car park and a nice TR6 outside the main doors to the church.


For those who have little idea who I'm talking about then you can read up on Harry and his life here
Henry George Webster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)