Horn trouble briefly revisited and a life change

Well it's not my relay - I haven't got one!! GT6s had a relay, Vitesses didn't - go figure!! That kinda blows that theory doesn't it.
Anyway, I've run out of time really, I have been working in Newcastle for the last 9 months, well there and Dundee with a bit of Belfast and the inevitable Norwich thrown in. That job has come to an end, great people in Belfast and Newcastle and I was sorry to see it come to an end to be honest. It had to end, my employer was pulling Claims out of these locations and my job was to migrate the work to Dundee and ensure an ordered and business like withdrawal - oh and my self appointed job was also to make sure everyone had a bloody good party at the end with far too much beer - mission accomplished!
So, to the next job - well I have a holiday for 2.5 weeks starting Tuesday so my mind wasn't really on anything but that. Queue an approach to manage another function - a real job not a project and back in my spiritual home of Claims. Now Claims has changed a bit whilst I've been off in IT and project land! Anyway, the job is to manage some of our operations in India, a bit of a drive that so I guess I'll have to take a plane or two! I've virtually agreed to take the job but I've yet to really see how that will affect my life - different time zones, new challenges, diverse culture and many other issues besides. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of what my employer has done done in offshoring but I can see some good business reasons in amongst the "other" stuff that clouds the issue.
Suffice to say I am up for it and, subject to the detail of the job package, will be out there in September for my first visit. The job is UK based but that means a lot of travel so I'm not sure how it will affect my various Club activities. I'm Area Organiser for the Hants & Berks TSSC and I'm entrants officer for the Club Triumph Round Britain Run 2008. These are my formal commitments and I will try and honour them as fully as I can - the AO role is likely to suffer the most as it means a meeting every month and I'm likely to be away for a few of those. The CT role I hope I can do "virtually" if I can set it up right :-)
As for driving the cars, well I'm currently planning the first trip out to India around the Ten Countries Run and my holiday - much rushing about with passports and Visas to fit it all in!! I know the dates of most things so I will try and keep them clear. As I get used to the travelling I hope I'll be able to get Visas etc sorted around Club events :-)
I do wonder what it will be like out there, will I see any Heralds or Standard Gazelles? I somehow doubt it as all our centres are in new modern areas. I will be visiting Bangalore, Noida (New Delhi) and Pune (Mumbai/Bombay).
Back to the car - I'm going to have to do an assessment on some of the jobs I have left - do I have a go and risk not finishing them or do I just take the spares just in case!? Undecided but largely the car is ready so I think it may be the latter!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)