I had a tinker on the weekend but didn't get enough time on the car as we had house guests and various functions to attend but at least the cubby box and clock are in place.
I had meant to take the passenger seat out, pull the cover off and re-stitch it where the original seam has parted but that's going to be a long job and I hate leaving the car in pieces so I didn't start it.
I've negotiated a wet flat and machine polish with my brother-in-law (the Porsche mechanic, sorry Technician) in exchange for some sales work - I have to sell his 944 race car which is immaculate and indecently quick. Not road registered, it's a stripped out racer but his level of preparation is so high it looks like it should be in a showroom. I'll sort out some pictures and sit down and write up the spec with him, I think I'll put it on Pistonheads first and then go look for the other free places before we get serious. He doesn't have to sell it so he can take his time. It's worth about £8k so I need to do a good job :-)
Jobs on the PI now are
- Check valve clearances, timing and a general tune up
- Change oil and filter
- Change fuel filter and cure possible leak on filter bowl (might just change the lot)
- Sort out PI plumbing in boot
- Restitch passenger seat seam
- Feed seats (again and again)
- Clean carpets - will get the steam carpet cleaner on them I think
- Sort out drivers carpet fitting, seems a bit loose
- Finish rust proofing
- Protect inner arches better - where I tickled them with a grinder to fit wheels
- Wet flat and machine polish
- Sort out the C pillar vinyl trim - material used is too thick and glue too crap to work
- Drill holes in new sills for new finisher fixings and fit sill finishers
- Sort out under bonnet horn positions so I can
- Fit air box trunking and connect
- Fit air horns (non-musical!)
- Fix voltage stabiliser issues so fuel and temp gauge work
- Adjust choke cable so it works properly
- Restore and fit underbonnet sound deadening pad
- Replace rusted out overrider with better second hand one
- Consider taking off the bumpers and running bumperless (see poll)
- Find some shadow blue Stag seats - can I find any with headrests?
- Find shadow blue boot carpets
- I wonder if I can just find a roll of shadow blue carpet!?
Post a Comment