More bits and pieces

Just a few photos of the fruits of my collecting labours. First the air filter canister, sand blasted and painted in satin black - it came out pretty good I think. I just need to sort out the horn positioning and then I can fit the pipes and the clip thingy that the air pipes attach too. Sorry about the weird angle of the photo, not sure why but I kinda like it! Note also fancy "Snap-on" wing protectors - very gaudy!
Here's my "new" clock and "new" cubby door, much better than the piece of black painted hardboard that I bodged in to make it look a bit better than the scabby hole that was left once I'd removed the Dictaphone thing that was in there. It all works but I can't see how to identify the required key, not that it's a "must have" but it might be useful.
I have apair of NOS external door handles to go on too, I have a mismathced pair on at the moment, one with a Wilmott Breedon key and one with an FS type key - and that one is very stiff despite liberal and regular lubrication.


Finally, the PI steering wheel that I've repaired and restitched mounted on a boss that's been assembled from bits - horn push from here, boss from there, screws and electrical connector from somewhere else - you get the picture!

To be honest I'd rather a chunky Moto-Lita one but despite heavy hints not one steering wheel sized package made it to me for my birthday and I'm far too tight to pay the £250+ for what I want new from Moto-Lita.
I like this blog, lets me feel connected to the Triumph community as I get many emails and personal contact from it - some people offer parts, advice or just friendship and that's great. I couldn't have put all these little odds and ends together without people's help, indeed I didn't know where and how some of them fitted - I'm no Mk1 expert by a long shot. So I was surprised by an email that popped up whilst I was writing this, that email seems to be in response to my post saying "thank you" to a few people.
You see, I've been writing this blog for 4 years now and occasionally I get an idiot, haven't had one for a while but today I got my allocation of idiot. He reads my blog but doesn't like it, so rather than not read it he decided to send me some abuse via the comments section on the blog. I would send him some instructions on how to not read it but I don't think he'd understand and he prefer to stay annonymous.
So to that feckless miscreant - have some balls you silly little man and put your name to your emails, I know you're ashamed of yourself but I'm sure everyone would be interested in who you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)