Idle moments

I'm just off to Penzance for a few days to see some friends then I'm back for a week and a bit of DIY jobs around the house plus, I hop, some work on the PI.
You see whilst sat in hotel rooms with nothing but eBay for company has seen me hoovering up some Mk1 stuff. The car really wants very little but there are a few things that bug me and, as is the case when you have time on your hands, those little things have become big in my mind. Enter eBay - to replace a slightly cracked indicator lense I've managed to find a whole sidelight and indicator unit, NOS. In doing so I also found a NOS rear that was too cheap to pass. Although my choke cable buying has reached OCD levels I've never quite managed to get exactly the right knob - well I have now :-) a NOS cable with correct detachable knob is mine - but they are a bitch to fit onto the metering unit - I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pull the metering unit this time, far easier!
I need to refit the PI steering wheel and boss and then attend to all the other jobs that remain on the list. That's a list that hasn't changed much since I made it when I got back from the Isle of Wight in May!!
There is a box in the garage of all the parts to go on the car and it's growing and growing - time to get my finger out.
Also, some RBRR admin needs doing, I've been organised this year and booked my cheapo train ticket to Coventry so I can get up to Dave's and start the run in the traditional manner, later night beer and curry on Thursday ready to rebuild and MOT whatever vehicle we're using. I think the Atlas camper isn't going to see the RBRR this year, the Atlas van on the other hand is pretty close to an MOT! It runs under it's own power, just. When I can figure out how to do it I will post up a video of Dave doing what he does best, poncing about wasting time with me encouraging him :-)
As for RBRR rides, it's not decided yet - might be the Courier, might be something else - at the moment my entry list says Atlas, Tim's says Courier and Dave says "Something else".......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)