Next, add some Jubille slips to clamp the tubes to the plenum.
And here's the "final" product, I've connected the air bleed and rocker breather to the plenum, not sure if I'll keep it like that. For a start I need some proper vacuum hose for the air bleed. On tickover that draws all the air needed for the engine to run, I don't think it would collapse the hose but you never know.
There's no support bracket under the plenum, as there should be. In the Vitesse the mountings used for the plenum chamber are both occupoed and obscured - occupied by the engine mount and obscured by the exhaust.
- Buy a fire extinguisher - Done
- Tune the end float on the Lucas pump .
- Find a way to fit the cooling coil - Just found and bought of eBay a pump, PRV, cradle and cooling coil all fitted together
- Plumb in a "helper" pump for the Lucas pump
- Tidy up the throttle linkage and fit a stronger return spring - sort of done, need to find a better spring
- Make the plenum to throttle body joiners - Done
- An air filter
- Sort out the tell tale drain from the pump
- Re-mount the filter bowl lower
- Make a boot floor - piece of MDF or ply or similar - so I can use the boot again
- Mount the spare wheel in the boot, on the new boot floor
- Change the fuel filter - just in case, get a spare too.
- Source a take off for the fuel pressure gauge I've got
- Recon a couple of injectors, a spare pump and a spares kit for the car
- Select or buy some tools specific to the car
- Oh and get some inserts in the cylinder head but that's a whole other can of worms!!!