Stick a fork in it, it's done!

2500 miles, Ten Countries, 4 days and one minor mechanical issue later and we've done the Club Triumph Ten Countries Run. The car was great, handled it all very well indeed apart from some PI related limitations that I'll have to document fully later once I have distilled the data!

I have to work out the consumption from the detailed fuel records I kept and check the altitudes where we had issues from the maps and GPS coordinated I noted.

Basically the car did about 20 mpg and would not run over 5000 feet. Neither of these are acceptable to me so I have to figure out what to do. The special recon metering unit is, I suspect, not all it could be so I may put one of my own on and start to manually play about.

I'll collate the facts and report later, I need to get some real work done now, I'm off to India on Saturday and have to fit in a trip to Norwich and Liverpool between now and then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Lucas PI info - some pearls of wisdom here :-)

Worried about your trunnions? Relief is to hand!

TR6 Clutch investigation (and interior replacement)