- There's fuel in the tank
- Fuel pressure is 107 PSI at the metering unit inlet
- Each injector is spraying a fine mist, no dribbling
- There's a spark at the king lead from the coil
- There's a spark at each plug - I've pulled them all out and seen each one sparking.
- The cold start lever is connected and working fine, pulled all the way out
- I'm running with no filter or plenum so there's plenty of air
- Compression seems fine although I have not yet put the gauge on any cylinders
- The dizzy is about where it was when I removed it
- Ignition is Aldon/Petronix - what's the easiest way to detect when it opens??
She turns over fine and I occassionally get a "phut" and a "pop" or a "bang" or two but nothing I'd really call "firing".
The only thing I can think of is bad fuel but it's only been in the tank for 4 months, could it have gone that bad so as to not start at all? Seems unlikely.
Give me some more ideas.
Appologies if you've already checked the obvious - Is it firing number 1 cylinder when it should, rotor arm pointing to No.1 lead, piton approaching TDC with valves closed.
Post a Comment